I woke up in time to see Seth, Morrigan, Odin, Ma’at and Maahes flashing in the room.
I was still in the throne room, and my back was just raw flesh. My mother didn’t give me permission to heal myself and no one dared to go against her orders.
– Why did you summon us Kali? Odin asked looking from her to Kartik who still had the whip in his hands. Whip soaked in my blood. The blood was dripping from it on the silver marble. Knowing my mother the moment she feels I’m conscious she will make me clean after myself so I stayed down not daring to breathe.
All took a look to Kartik and after that to the place where I was lying in fetus position. I saw them between blood soaked hair and I saw the raw anger on Maahes’s face when he recognized me. He took a step forward but Ma’at stopped him.
– What happened? Ma’at asked, trying not to look at me.
– Zeus knows that Ressiya is his daughter.
– And he took her, or what? Where is she? Odin asked.
– That’s her. Maahes said between his teeth.
– Did he do this to her? Morrigan asked and in the next moment she knew the truth. She had been punished. She said. Why?
– She sneaked out the Pantheon, she’d gone against my direct orders not to search her father and now Zeus knows he’s her father.
– I didn’t know I was a fucking prisoner here. I said trying to get up without any luck. I felt on my belly in my own blood.
– Kartik, another 50 lashes for the girl.
– Don’t even dare punk or I will shove that whip deep down on your throat that your ass will burn. Seth said.
– What Egyptian? Mother snarled at Seth.
– She was punished enough. I won’t see her whipped again.
– Since when?
– She’s my goddaughter.
Everyone was socked because Seth took my side. No one knew Seth being a bleeding heart, but for me was so much more.
– Is not the first time when Rys sneaks out and goes in other pantheons.
– Rys?! My mother said raising an eyebrow. How do you know this?
Maahes helped me rise and he healed me without my mother’s permission.
– You shouldn’t. I whispered.
– Mother, the Egyptian healed her. Kartik said.
– How dare you interfere?
– Just let it go Kali, you torment her enough. Seth said. And you brat, shut the fuck up.
– Oh shut it Morrigan.
– To my understanding Seth is against Rys’s punishment. Shiva said trying to calm the spirits down.
– Of course he is. He’s the only one on my side. I said before thinking and all the eyes were on me.
– Now you have something to say? Mother asked.
Say everything that you want sweety, we’re here for you. I heard Maahes’s voice in my head and I smiled. I couldn’t help it.
– Are you smiling?
– It’s not the first time that I sneak out. I said. I’m like an object thrown in the back of the closet. I don’t have friends, I can’t do anything so I sneaked out pretending to be human in another pantheons.
– How the hell do you think she learn to fight this well? Seth asked annoyed.
– She fights well? You could hear the proud in my mother’s tone.
– Are you paying attention to her at all? Maahes asked also annoyed.
Seth and Maahes really cared for me.
– Well she has trainers, warriors who teach her how to protect herself, how to fight.
– I beat the crap out of your warriors the first time that you thought that’s the time for me to learn how to fight. I was already fighting. Seth helped me, Maahes also. That’s how I learned how to fight, and that’s why I’m so good, not because of your warriors.
– You risked my daughter’s life? She asked turning to Seth.
– Oh for Gods sakes… I mumbled.
– I helped her. If it was for you she would still be in her room afraid of a spider. Seth said.
– It wasn’t your place Egyptian!
– And where were you, bitch? Seth asked in rage. Where were you when your boys tormented her? Where were you when I found her sold by humans? Where were you when Maahes beat her near death? Where were you when she lived among humans almost a year with some asshole and you didn’t even noticed her absence? WHERE-WERE-YOU? He snarled in her face. She took a step back. Smart goddess.
– How dare you questioning me regarding my daughter’s life?
– I think we all should calm down. Vishnu said. I knew him but we never talked. He didn’t see me, like the others. They knew me, but they didn’t see me.
– Since when do you care Seth? You’re not capable of caring. Odin said looking at Seth. All attention was on Seth now.
– Since I met her. She was just a kid wanting attention, friends, affection. She was so lonely and sad. She fucking made me care.
– What the hell happened to you? Kali asked shocked.
– Your daughter happened to me. You should meet her sometimes, you would like her. Seth said sarcastically.
He pulled me into a bear-hug.
– So, you and my daughter are friends.
– Does he screw her? Asked Kartik and Maahes had him by his throat in the next moment.
– Put him down Maahes. Ma’at said.
– Apologize now! He yelled.
– You don’t want to start a war, Egyptian. Ganesha said.
– Are you kidding me? I will have your heart at dinner if you don’t apologize now. I love Rys and you don’t get to treat her that way. Not when I’m around.
– I’m sorry.
Maahes threw him then he turned looking at Kali.
– You don’t deserve her. So much hate, I was surprised. He loved me, I knew that, I never doubt about his love or Seth`s but I was surprised that they were there for me. All the way.
– I’m sorry. I said before she got the chance to speak. I’m sorry Mother that I disappointed you as a daughter, as a prisoner as everything. And I’m sorry that Zeus knows about me. But I felt lonely and you didn’t talk to me. Not really. If you told me more about the situation of Zeus and you maybe I wouldn’t went to him but I wanted to meet my other family. Here I’m not wanted. My brothers doesn’t like me, no one treats me like family except for Shiva. I’m just the necessary evil. We will deal with Zeus and I won’t desert you but I won’t stay in this prison. I want full access in and out of the pantheon.
– What makes her so special? Ganesha asked.
– I’m with him in this one. Odin said. What is with her that the evil Seth is so mellow? Why do we have a meeting about her and Greek Gods? Why she thinks that she`s so important that we have this conversation?
– Ok, everyone knows about Rys, right? She’s Kali and Zeus daughter. She’s powerful, right? But power is not all, and what, she’s only 16 years old, she’s just a child. So bring all of you your best fighters, your best warriors and I will show you what makes her so special, besides my training of course. He grinned at me.
– You think she has a chance against the best warriors of our pantheons? Odin asked surprised.
– The real question Odin is if they have a chance to survive against our little cookie here. Maahes said. She is really good, she didn’t reach her true potential, but she will give you all a run for your money.
– She can’t be that good! Kartik said.
– You know what brat? You’re lucky that she thinks of you as family because if it was for me, you would be dead by now.
– Don’t threat my boy Seth. Kali said.
– Someone has to Kali, because he was a fucking asshole with that girl, and she had no one in her corner. But not anymore. She is mine now.
– You can’t take her from me.
– I don’t want to take her from you. Think of me like her personal guardian. I will end everyone who comes at her. God or no God.