Having my ass kicked in front of every frigging powerful being wasn’t my idea of making Mother proud. But here I was standing all bloody and sore from his beating. We were fighting in the old ways, like warriors, trying to avoid using our godhood powers. It went well, I punched him, he punched me. We fought but then again I was a warrior but so was he. It was hard to win against him when he had the same knowledge but he was bigger, stronger, and older than me. He had all the advantage that he could get and he used it.
Everyone who knew how to fight knew that this one was a standoff even if I looked much worse than him. I bruise easily, so not my fault.
– I think that’s enough, Mother said stepping in the middle of the arena.
– I don’t know Kali, your daughter doesn`t seem to learn her lesson.
– I have to learn no lesson, not from you anyway. Everyone here thought that I`m stupid or something just because I don’t like parties and I am shy. Well, I’m not and I’m as good as the next fighter. We were fighting like old ways and you are bigger and stronger so here is your advantage. You are good I give you that, but I’m good too. Considering my age and my life I’m damn good. But this is a standoff so no one wins or loses. I’m not this helpless little girl who you all see when you look at me so stop mocking my kin. You have a problem with me, you’re taking it with me.
– No, you are not helpless. That’s why I wanna marry you.
– You want what? I asked shocked.
– I like you, you fight well, and our spawns will be warriors like us.
– Hold your horses big boy. I won’t marry you. You’re good looking and all but you’re not my type.
– And what’s your type, lass? He asked a little bit annoyed.
– Apparently not you. I said simply.
– Don’t make me angry!
– Or what? You’ll kick my ass? You’ve already done that. You will kill me? You can’t because the fight is over. So what’s left then on the threatening table?
– You have a smart mouth ain’t you?
– Seth is my Godfather go figure, huh? I said in a mocked tone.
– How come you didn’t kill her? He asked looking at Seth who was near Mother.
– Are you kidding? Her smart mouth is one of her best qualities.
– Well thank you kind sir. I said sarcastically.
– You are this pretty little thing but you are lethal, aren`t you?
I just smiled at him. I guess I looked “awesome” and lethal with all the blood, bruises and torn armor on me.
– Go wash the blood of off you, and let’s continue the party. Mother said at last.
I was happy that we didn’t continue so I give my back to him. Big mistake. Seth trained me to know better, but right then I wasn’t thinking. I was happy that it was over. First I felt the shock in all the people around me then I felt a sharp pain in my back, and the pain got deeper and deeper into my body. My heart ached and I looked down just to see his sword buried from my back to my front. Like mine, his sword was one of the few weapons that could strike a God.
I felt on my knees shocked. Around me was a deep silence. A deadly silence. They didn’t have the courage even to breath. I felt Seth’s rage and Maahes`s pain.
A gruesome cry broke the silence and it took me a few moments to realize that it was Mother, but before I could hear or see anything else the darkness took me.