– Is she retarded? One of them asked looking at me.
– You offend the Goddess. Another one said referring to Mother not to me. Mom was looking less then pleased. This party wasn’t what she expected. I was a disappointment. Again.
Shiva took her from there and I was left alone with my brother and all the war Gods and beings.
– I bet Seth and Moriggan curse the day when they accepted to be her godparents. Can you imagine how it is for them to have the goddaughter retarded? And she’s a goddess. Seth must be sick with madness.
And that was all. I was ashamed and I hated here but I knew one thing. I was good at fighting, I was a good girl and I wasn’t retarded. My mother was Kali for the love of the Gods, I won’t put up with them. Besides that, Seth was there. He won’t let anything happen to me.
– You know, I’m right here and I can hear you very well, thank you. If you want to tell me something please, I’m all ears.
– Well dear, I’m just saying…
– No you aren’t. I know what this is. I know that these many Gods in one room it’s a show of power. Who has the biggest dick. I might be clumsy and foolish and I, for damn sure, don’t enjoy this bullshit but let me tell you something, honey. You want to see who’s the biggest and the meanest in this room? You want to measure it up? I invite you out of here, in the training arena and let’s see who’s got it the biggest.
I was furious and all of them were looking at me.
– Rys, maybe it’s not a good idea… Shiva came near me with Mother by his side.
– Do you know who I am, little girl? The God asked me.
-She’s just a little girl, and she’s cocky. Don’t let her challenge you, Zeus interfered.
– Ressyia! Mother said like a threat.
Ok, the truth was that I was too furious and I started to talk without thinking. Now that I saw my both parents trying to resolve my mess, it got me thinking. This one must be one scary guy.
I looked at Seth but he wasn’t pleased about my challenge either, but damn them all.
– Not really, but taking into account their reaction you are some mean scary son of a bitch. I said with a shrug.
– Very good dear, show me the arena and let me show you who I am.
– Apologize Ressiya, Mother said furiously.
Who the hell was this guy?
– No Mother, let her. She thinks that she’s this awesome goddess, Kartik said.
– Are you going to eat me or something? Everyone is so pissed at me because I challenged you. Who the fuck are you?
– I’m Kokou. Do you know who I am?
Oh hell yes I knew who he was and all of them thought that I was screwed. Kokou was one son of a bitch warrior God. He was the only God from his pantheon alive. And where were the others? He was pissed one day and he killed them all, taking their essence. He grown powerful and he was one of the scariest beings alive.
I could see the point of my family being pissed but they didn’t know some things about me either. Seth and Maahes trained me but I’ve also trained with some kami in Asia. I learned a lot from them and one of the things I’ve learned was how to fight angry spirits and essence eaters.
I knew I had a good chance against him. Maybe not to win but I was damn sure that he won’t eat me. And I had primordial powers in my weapons. I had some tricks that even Seth didn’t know about. They felt my power because I let them, but I never let them feel me for real. If Kokou was scary, they didn’t taste me yet. And now I was willing to show them all of me. They want me to be scary? I could be that.
– Yeah, I know who you are. You are a scary son of a bitch.
– And still you dare mock me.
– Well, you said it yourself: I`m not so smart, am I? Or better yet, I’m retarded. I shrugged.
– Apparently she won’t leave enough to get to know her better. Apollo said in a mock tone. Such a shame…
I had better things to do than teach Apollo some valuable lessons, so I let that go.
His time will come…
– Kokou, maybe you should forgive the child. She’s young and doesn’t know better, Shiva said and I was getting madder.
Everyone thought I was this brainless girl. Even Seth and Maahes didn’t think that I could actually have a fair chance against him and to a point I get that. He had the experience and all but they shouldn’t look at me like I was a brain damaged child. They should know better.
– Let me show you the arena, I said with an empty voice.
I got to my room to change and take my battle suit. I wanted to make a show and I wanted Kokou’s blood on my sword.