I don’t know why I thought that this will be different for me. My Mother’s party was huge. Every God from every pantheon was attending this party. And of course every fucking being that was powerful enough to be in the presence of a God was there and I was the main attraction of the evening.
Mother prepared for me a dress that I wouldn’t be caught dead in it so I changed it with a traditional Hindu dress. I picked blue and silver for the colors because it looked good on me.
Everyone was in the ball room and I had to make my entrance. I was nervous but then I thought about Maahes who will be there and also Seth and Ma’at and I knew I wasn’t alone. No matter what Mother prepared for me this evening I wasn’t alone. And that was enough for me.
No one noticed me when I entered the room. I was too common to be noticed and I was glad for that. I wasn’t the freak show… yet. Ganesha saw me first and he frowned disgusted at me.
Love you too brother.
The tables were arranged in U form, with my family in the middle. The Hindu Pantheon was on our right, the Greek pantheon on the left and the rest of the Gods after them.
– Welcome all of you. Mother said the moment she saw me. She didn’t like my outfit but that wasn’t my big problem tonight.
– You know that I invite you all here to acknowledge my daughter. You all know that I have a daughter, in her teens, but you don’t know who her father is. I and Zeus had a one night stand when we pretended to be humans. If you all remember the party where I almost killed him, well, that was the night when our daughter was conceived.
Oh, thank you mom. She was so sarcastic, I really should take lessons from her.
– So, let me introduce you our daughter Ressiya Katayana Mahana Hathiyara. She said pointing at my direction. All eyes were on me, I stumbled and I fell on my face.
Way to go to impress the Gods, Rys.
They started to laugh. Heat rose on my cheeks and I stood up trying not to embarrass myself even more. I wasn’t good for these parties. I wasn’t the type to enjoy parties, to interact with others, to be charming.
Maahes wanted to come to me but Ma’at stopped him. She knew that I had to do this by myself. She knew what my Mother expected from this charade and she knew that I had to live up to her expectations. And being helped wasn’t in her agenda.
Mother glared at me furiously when I made it to the table.
Valli, Kartikeya’s consort smiled at me.
– Keep it up like this and you will end up dead by your mother’s hands. She laughed ironically and I so wanted to choke her.
– She still wouldn’t like you bitch. I whispered into her ear. She got angry and it was a little happy moment for me.
– She seems a little scared. Someone whispered not so low.
– Look at her, her parents are these big shots and she is that. Maybe she’s deranged or something. You know she can be like that even if she’s a goddess.
I closed my eyes trying to breathe. My brothers heard the discussion and they laughed at me. Mother was furious. Shiva felt sorry for me. He was decent and all taking in consideration that I wasn’t his daughter.
My father’s family was discreet. No one whispered stupid things about me. All of them were there, serious and all, trying to appear superior to all of us. After all, they were the Greek pantheon.
My first impression was a fucking disaster. Almost all of them thought I was stupid.
After a while, Mother walked me thru the guests introducing me to them but ignoring my father’s pantheon. They were polite but Mother was rude. This was a fucking pissing contest and Mother wanted to win.
When we were near the group where Seth was I was relieved. The group was formed by all the war beings from all the pantheons. Gugalanna, Seth, Black Annis, Maahes, Ares, Athena, Hachiman, Loki, Thor, Odin, Moriggan and also some others that I didn’t know.
But my beloved brother thought that he was funny and he pushed me placing his leg in front of me. Of course I fell in the middle of them knocking down some angry Goddess.
Again…they started to laugh.
I was more than ashamed. I hated my brother in that moment.
– You put your sister in this situation again and I will see you punished. And remember I know what you’re afraid of. I heard my mother whisper to him and I felt a little bit better. For once she took my side.