I was young and I was stupid. I liked to fight and I spent a lot of time in other pantheons pretending to be human. Fighting.
In Greece (Did I tell you that I really, really hate Greeks?) I met this guy after a fight. I was in Greece camp fighting along with them against the Romans. We were winning and it was a moment of peace in Greek’s camps.
I was at the river trying to clean myself when a squadron of 5 men came. I didn’t bring my weapons with me but I could anytime conjure a weapon but I chose not to. Not yet anyway. I was playing human.
– What do we have here?
C’mon please tell me that they are not savages.
I didn’t give them an answer and one of them grabbed me from behind.
I hit him with my elbow in his throat, I turned around and hit him again with my knee in his groins.
– Don’t you ever touch me if you value your jewelry.
Everyone laughed except the man who was on the ground.
– Forgive him my lady, but he was raised in a barn. He was tall, dark and too damn beautiful for me to resist. He was also a good fighter and his grin was heavenly.
– Don’t we all…. I mutter under my breath
– So what’s your name my lady? And what are you doing here?
– Not your business.
– Uh the lady protests too much. Said one of them.
– I am Crixus and they are my soldiers Attricus, Dorian, Solan and Marcus.
My warrior had a name. Crixus. He knew how beautiful his grin was because he kept grinning at me.
– I’m Rys.
– Are you a slave? Dorian asked.
After that, Crixus and I were together. I loved him and I pretended to be human more than an year for him. I thought that he loved me too. I was wrong… so fucking wrong.
We were in his village, after the war was over, when this woman came to our home.
She was pregnant and she told us that Crixus was the father.
– My beautiful Rys don’t be mad. I met Fiona when we helped the lord Draco to take his lands back.
– You don’t deny that she’s your whore? I asked him shocked. My anger started eating me and I wanted blood. His blood.
– I couldn’t help. I’m sorry but I was lonely and she was there and now she’s pregnant with my child.
– What are you saying Crixus? And choose your words wisely.
– I want her to live with us. A man here can have more than one wife. I always wanted a child. You won’t get pregnant. I can’t just give up my child.
– But you also don’t want to give up your whore.
I was pissed and he was so fucking stupid.
This discussion was carried in the market where all the villagers were listening.
I was so humiliated that I couldn’t even breathe.
– I’m not a whore. The girl said.
– You shut the fuck up. I didn’t talk to you.
– Rys, be reasonable, we can all live together.
– Sure we can. Do you know what you did? I shouted in his face. Do you? If my mother ever finds it out you’re as good as dead Moron and if my godfather finds out about you and your stupid whore you will wish to be dead.
– Shut it Rys. Crixus said.
– The fuck you say Moron.
He slapped me and I felt while his whore chuckled.
This was for sure the biggest mistake in his life.
I rose slowly staring at him. All the hatred was in my gaze.
– Sword. I said and in my right hand appeared my sword.
– What will you do Rys? Fight me? He asked laughing.
I smiled and it wasn`t pretty. I had this I’m-the-big-bitch-goddess-and-you-are-nothing smile.
– You should know that while I am here with you now, and you didn’t see me fight I’m a great warrior. When I met you I was wasting my time fighting for the Greeks.
– Sure you did. In somebody`s bed.
– Prepare to die asshole.
– Fuck you.
I attacked and he was surprised by that. I hit him hard with my fist and with my foot until he took a sword. When he tried to strike me I caught his hand with the sword, I kicked him in the face then I took his sword from him.
I kicked him in the groin and he was in his knees in front of me.
– I gave you everything you stupid human and you cheated on me with this fucking whore.
– You are mad…
– Dying would be too easy for you. No one hurts me, not a pathetic little human like you.
– Rys, c’mon we can live together with Fiona. She will be good for us.
-Maahes I summon you. I shouted to the sky. I let my sword down letting Crixus get up.
All of them thought that I was crazy.
-What are you doing Rys?
-Stop saying my name, stop talking to me. I hate you! I screamed with tears in my eyes. I hated him, I hated the whore and I hated myself because I let myself fell for this fucking bastard.
And Maahes appeared next to me.
– Rys honey you know that I don’t like to come to Greece. Greek Gods are too stupid for my tastes.
– I have a present for you. I said pushing Crixus thru him.
– You want to start a war with the Greek pantheon?
– I don’t give a damn about them. I was living here, pretending to be human with this asshole.
– Oh sweety, he cheated on you.
– And he’s your slave now.
– You can’t do this. Cixus yelled.
– You well remember human that Rys is very important to me. I am very fond of her and I don’t like her to be hurt. And his godfather won’t be pleased either.
After a few deep breaths I knew I made a mistake summoning Maahes. Crixux maybe was a jerk but he didn’t deserve a life of torment, because Maahes will torture him until he will be dead.
– On a second thought… I whispered before my sword strike his neck. I cut his head off.
His whore started to scream and Maahes laughed.
– We thought you well my sweet child. He said smiling at me.
– Let’s go home. I played human too much.