Water flooded my lungs and the darkness took me over.
Through the darkness, through the numbness I felt someone grabbing me. I was pulled out of the water and someone carried me through the waves. I was cuddled in someone’s arms. I felt lips on my lips and air blown into my lungs.
– Don’t you fucking die on me Rys, don’t you dare die on me.
Someone was mad on me. Well goodie! The pain of memories was there and I wanted to die, but someone kept me alive.
I wanted to shout to be left alone but I couldn’t.
I gasped and spit water. And cough… and then more water.
– That’s my girl. I heard the man, because he was a man talking.
And the voice….
I opened my eyes shocked. The voice was Ash’s. The man has to be Ash. Ash left me an year ago after we had this huge fight. I told him so many things that I didn’t mean it but I couldn’t take them back. Not then, not now. He was against Chris and that was unacceptable.
– Ash. I asked trying to see him.
– Yes kid, it’s me and now I can kick your ass for what you did.
– Chris is dead. I started to cry and he cuddled me in his arms.
I passed out and when I came back I was in my bed in the hospital. I remembered that I had a mom who just had her surgery and I forgot about her. I started to feel remorse when Ash came in my view.
I`ve always tried to put a face to the voice in my head, but seeing him now, I never did him justice. Ash was tremendous, beautiful. Tall, dark hair, dark eyes that can see in your soul… he was indescribable. Beautiful didn`t cover it. He was like an angel. A handsome angel on Earth. Maybe he was an angel after all.
– I took care of your mother, no one knows what you tried to do. Your mom is alright, your father is with her.
– What did you tell them?
– Nothing, I took your form and helped you out.
– You didn’t speak with me for over an year. What took you to come and meet me in person and help me?
– Your suicide attempt.
– Well now, if I knew that I would play this card much earlier.
– Your mother heard your cry of pain and she’s coming here.
– What do you mean? Did she hear me and she’s coming here?
– You didn’t tell your mother, your real one, that you plan to live like a human being. She thought that you’re in Greek pantheon. But when you cried out in pain, when you tried to summon the Greek gods to revive your lover she heard you. And she is pissed off.
– Why didn’t Zeus or the other Gods hear me?
– They heard you alright, but they didn’t care. I didn’t want to mess with your human life so I tried to stay away from your decision. I told you from the beginning that you and Chris are not meant to be together but you didn’t listen.
– You knew that Chris would die? Rage filled me like blood and I could kill Ash for this. I would kill Ash for this.
– No, but I knew he didn’t love you. Do you remember what Zeus told you a couple of years ago when you refused to go back home?
And then I understood. Everything was to hurt me.
– Oh my God.
– Yes, Chris was just a tool for your siblings.
– This was a punishment from Zeus? I asked shocked.
– Zeus knew about it but wasn’t his plan.
– Who then?
– I don’t know.
– You are lying to me.
– No, I am not or if I do, I have a pretty good reason. So, before I go I want to tell you that if you kill yourself you would die for good. And if you try this shit again I will chain you to the wall and beat the crap out of you, do you understand me?
– Who are you again? Or the real question is what are you Ash?
– None of your business Rys. Remember you push me out of your life. I don’t have to answer your questions anymore.
– Are you fucking kidding me?
– Language little lady.
– Fuck the language. You were out of my life for almost a year now, and you come back all corporeal, tall, dark and incredibly beautiful and you tell me that you don’t owe me any answers? Are you for real?
– Remember Rys, it was your choice to push me away from your life. You did this. You chose him over me, so no, you don’t deserve any answers.
– So what the hell are you doing here?
– Saving your ass, and human kind.
– Save me from this bullshit. I want to know the truth.
– Fine. Even if I’m mad on you, I will always be here for you, and if you will die like a human, your mom will be very, very pissed. The gods will start a war and humans will suffer or perish. Even if you are the youngest goddess, you have a great deal of power that you are not aware of. Your mom wanted to forge a weapon among Gods and she succeeded with you.
– You’re not telling me anything new Ash. I already know my mom’s plans.
– So, you dying – not an option.
– And what’s happening next?
– I guess your mom will pay you a visit, you will be grounded and she will try to kill Zeus because he didn’t help you. And if we are very lucky, she won’t kill any Greek Gods because of this.
– And you?
– You told me very clearly that you don’t need me Rys. So for now is good bye.
I wanted to beg him to stay with me. I wanted him to be here with me, because Ash was the only one for me, the only one who cared more than his own agenda.
Don’t get me wrong, my parents love me, but they are way too different. They will do anything for me but always with a hiding agenda.