My 14th birthday party sucked. My mom made me the cake, and it was with waffles, and I don’t know which kind, but my birthday cake was elastic like a freaking rubber. I was so mad because of it, my poor mom. After the party I got in my room, angry of the world because of my ruined cake. Then I caught a glimpse of something that shocked me. I saw Me, but I wasn’t quite myself. I had another form, I was different, older, powerful. Really powerful. There, in that moment, I knew exactly who and what I was.
– Ash? I made the question still shivering.
– So, you know the truth now.
I wasn’t just an ordinary girl. That was a joke. I wasn’t even human.
That was some gift that a girl wants for her 14th birthday party.
And to think of it, my biggest problem was with the cake?
But when I saw my true form and I knew about my real life, Zeus also knew, because before I knew it, I was on Olympus in his temple.
Zeus was my father and he still is, even though sometimes I deny him.
– So, you will come home now. He said it to me like a fact. No hello, no I’ve missed you daughter, no nothing.
– Well, not really. I mean, I like the experience of being human.
– You refuse to live with your family because of the humans.
The way he said it…oh yeah, dad was pissed off…
– My lord… doesn’t hurt to indulge the big guy.
– Don’t take that attitude with me lady. I’ve never been your lord and you’ve always been a pain in the behind.
‘Gee dad, I love you too.’
‘Ok, be yourself he told me, right? or that is what I understood.’
– What do you want me to say? I asked him.
– Really? Nothing. You chose to live among humans, like one of them. You want to live their circle of life. I can understand that. Now you refuse us because of them. Very well my daughter, you shall have your pathetic human life back. But remember Rys, humans don`t have a personal army of Gods, nymphs, or fates to protect them. If someone tries to help you I’ll see him dead!
Now he was screaming.
– Now daughter, your wish came true. You will be human, with knowledge about who you are but no power whatsoever. And with no help from neither of us.
– You will not interfere with my life, will you patera ? I used the Greek term for father, maybe he will lose it up a little bit.
– You might well remember who I am, Ressiya.
My entire name…not good. Not good at all.
– The fates are mine. I won`t be squeamish to a little torture for the greater good.
‘And what greater good is that?’ Damn him and his arrogance.
I tried another way.
– I don`t think that mom will be pleased to know that you want to torture me. I know I won`t be.
And that was all. I swear I could see smoke coming out of his nostrils.
So that you know, my parents hate each other. I`m the only thing that they can stand one from the other. I’m not a full Greek goddess. My mom is from another pantheon, but this is another story.
– Don`t push me Ressiya. Threaten me once more with your mother and I will see you dead, daughter or no daughter. Now go and live like a maggot.
I wanted to say he might remind himself that I`m my mother’s daughter and my powers mock his, but I couldn’t.
I found myself in my bedroom, at home.
Well, I`ll be damn!